16 Mar / 2018
Dr. Keith Carlson from the University of Saskatchewan gave a presentation entitled “Germans in Saskatchewan: A Diverse Community on a Contested Landscape” on January 24, 2018. The event was a partnership between the Saskatchewan German Council and Saskatchewan History & Folklore Society.
To view the video, click here.
26 Feb / 2018
The German Language School Saskatoon is looking for a level 1 Teacher, the details are below:
Level 1 Teacher (kids 5-8years)
Thursday class from 6-8pm
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills in German and
– Establish positive relationship with students, parents and teaching
– Confidence and ability to establish classroom management rules
for behavior and procedures
– Knows how to organize a class and make learning a fun and
meaningful process by providing a variety of materials and
resources for children to explore and learn the basics of the
German Language and culture.
– Provide an inviting, interesting and innovative learning environment
– Creating engaging lesson plans that allows flexibility in regards to
different language skills and age levels of students in the class.
– Ideal candidate will be creative, energetic and has great passion,
patience and love for children.
– Willingness to attend Professional Development workshops
– Experienced with children age group 5-8
– Degree in teaching or in specialized subject with a certificate in
education is an asset, but not essential.
Transitioning period by observing our current classroom and having the opportunity to meet current teacher and students, as well as to become familiar with the teaching environment.
Our Level 1 teacher has an assistant helping with group activities, such as crafts, differentiation etc.
We really appreciate long-term commitments!!!
For applications please contact:
Kathleen Schroeder-Brass, Principal
29 Jan / 2018
The German Language School Saskatoon is offering an 8 week German Travel Course starting at the end of February to April! Have questions or need more information? Call Kathleen at 306-716-1573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view their website, click here.
28 Nov / 2017
Make sure to check out the Saskatchewan German Council’s Advent calendar on Facebook throughout the month of December. There are recipes, poems, stories, Christmas facts and more for you to enjoy!