The Saskatchewan German Council’s library is located at 510 Cynthia Street in Saskatoon. It is open Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. in room 202/203. The library has over 1000 books available for you. Materials include German and English books ranging from fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, reference materials, member group publications, and teaching materials. There is something for everyone.
Make sure to bring your library card with you each time you come to the library, as you can’t borrow materials without it!
Who Can Get a Library Card?
- Anyone with an interest in our library!
How Can You Get a Library Card?
- You can get a library card at the Saskatchewan German Council office, located at 510 Cynthia Street, Saskatoon.
- Make sure to bring a piece of identification with you, and a filled out application form so we can give you a Library right away. The application forms are also available in the office of the Saskatchewan German Council.
- Treat your library card like a bank card! You are responsible for the materials you borrow.
Keeping Your Card Up-to-Date
- Please tell us if you change your address or phone number.
- Books/Magazines: 21 days
- DVDs, VHS, Games: 7 days
- You can borrow up 10 items on your card at one time. Late charges do not apply to materials returned or renewed by the date due.
Things to watch for:
- Be sure to check your due date.
- When returning your books, make sure to return the same number of books you checked out.
- You can renew most items twice, as long as no one else has asked to borrow it. You can renew overdue items in person, email or call (306) 975-0845.
Important information about renewals:
- You can also renew overdue items. When you renew an overdue item, you are responsible for
- paying the late fees. Late fees stop accumulating as soon as you renew your books.
- You cannot renew an item that someone else has requested.
- You must use the same card that was used to borrow the item.
- $1.00 for each item, per day until it is returned.